The BABYLON was opened in 1929 at Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz in
Berlin-Mitte as one of the last silent movie cinemas. It has been able to survive in an almost unchanged historical condition and is the only cinema in Germany that still has an original,
gold-framed silent film screen, an orchestra pit and a cinema organ.
With 150 silent film concerts a year the Babylon has become one of the most innovative and famous silent film theater.
The cinema employs a house organist, Anna Vavilkina, who regularly accompanies silent films on the historical organ since 2014.
With the Babylon Orchester Berlin the Babylon now also has its own cinema orchestra, as it was common in the 1920s.